Sunday, March 12, 2017

101 Smiles.......posting 101.




My beautiful smiling children. The time goes by at lightening speed. You are always being warned from the moment they are born how quickly they will grow.


I love these smiles. I loved this day. We had taken Daniel on his first camping trip to Lamoine State Park. It was 4th of July, then we went to Sand Beach for the day.


We were at Myrtle Beach during April Break to celebrate our 25th year of marriage. This is one of my favorite shots of everyone...Smiling.

My son is laying next to me right now currently and READING everything I am writing. He just asked, "Where is Lamoine?"

He was also giggling because I was kissing and hugging him a few minutes ago. We listened to a song I love called "Sons and Daughters of God." There's a line in the song that I was singing about how we can never get away from God, we are always caught when we fall, we might stumble, but we will not fall. God never forsakes his own... Daniel said he really liked that song after it was over. He also just corrected something I typed and said, "Mom, that does not make sense, it should say listened, not listening...."
"You know I'm reading that Mom...."  yup. I do. Impressive, my 6 year old boy, impressive.

Remember to Smile. Remember to Hug. Daniel helps me to remember to laugh. His laugh is infectious. When I kiss his little cheeks, and he giggles and giggles. The laughter is balm to my soul. The whole week his sister was home he went into her room and cuddled with her for 10 minutes every morning. He told me, she never talked, because she was asleep every morning, but I know she knew I was there because she would hug me back.

I really love these 3. I feel extremely blessed to have been their Mom. Its the hardest job I've ever done. Its the most gut wrenching, painful, joy filled, exhausting, humbling, mercy filled, grace filled, experience I have every had. Its hard sometimes when you have 27 or 29 or 42 years on them, but they are simply so smart with the questions they present to you. Or how they view the world as they know it, and it seems so foreign to you, but you are trying to understand, and make sense to them and yourself. Doesn't always work.

I never want to scare people who have young children and be that classic person who says..
"You JUST wait!"
No, what I would say its...
Make it stop!
Stop the growing.
Stop the changing.
Stop the eloquent ways in which we disagree.
Stop the Sun from rising and lets just enjoy the Moon, making the day last longer.
Stop the forgetting of the FUN, remember the FUN.

and

Please Remember!
The good.
The Love.
The Caring.
Your home will always be here for you. Every day. Every Night. Every Season of Life.
A God that will never forsake you.
A Mom who prays for you, Every Single Day, without fail. I will NEVER forget you.

I remember your smiles. I remember what you weighed at 6 months old:
18 lbs 8 oz. Kristen Hope
20 lbs. Elizabeth Grace
22 lbs. Daniel Joseph
I remember all your themed birthday parties. I remember your favorite phases. Webkins, American Girl Dolls, My pretty ponies. The Books!!! Night time readings and series. The Museum of Science in Boston, MA. Disney World. So much to remember. I did my best to never miss a thing, a concert, a race, a game, a party.

Embrace to Good. Its there. In everyone.
I love you all so much.
I have always seen beauty in you 3.
Love, Mom

Julie Erb Robbins




No comments: