The holidays are upon us.
We are thinking of shopping, getting gifts for loved ones, or maybe, not so loved ones, obligatory ones...teacher gifts, coach's gifts, mail carrier gifts......On and on and on......
Why?
I was in a recent conversation with a lovely soul mate who said to me
"You deserve more....."
More what??? And this human proceeded to tell me exactly what they thought.....
Later in the morning I talked to my sister, another soul mate....
"Do you know I don't know one single person who hasn't experienced things in their life that they didn't deserve? Not one person I know intimately has missed out on the opportunity to experience the hard of life....NOT ONE..."
We pondered that thought.
Huh, that is true.
Not One.
So, what is it that I deserve?
I will tell you what....
I deserve to be happy.
I deserve to be well loved.
I deserve to be respected.
I deserve to be responded to.
I deserve to be heard, valued, and included.
I deserve friendship.
I deserve people in my life that get my soul and connect to it.
I also think in the having and receiving of all these lovely entities, I deserve to Love Myself...so that I am not reliant on others to produce all these wonderful experiences in my life. I can have all those "deserves" from myself. I am not going anywhere, ever.....So, what if I loved me well?
I love people.
I LOVE YOU.
I can't help it.
Its seriously a problem.
Because when I love people, and they say things like..
"You deserve better. Or you deserve More. And since I can't give you what I think you deserve, that means I can exit....I can leave.....I'm off the hook. I can disappear into the ether of your life, never to be heard from again...."
Its a cop out.
Its lame-o.....Lame.
Please think twice before you tell another human what you think they deserve.
And if you are doing it so you can exit their life? That's on you, not them.
Deserving has nothing to do with it...at all.
When I tell you I love you, its not because you deserve it from me. Its because I feel it in my soul. I want you to know. I want you to know there is someone in the world who knows you, cares about you, is there when you need a friend, or a confidant, or a shoulder to cry on, or someone to listen. Judgement Free. My heart and mind are wide open.......
I have been learning about myself.
I have been learning about how to love me.
I have a super easy time loving others, but myself? Hard.
I have woken up on new levels. I don't quite know how to explain it, but its like waking up into a new dream. But realizing how asleep you've been. So you are kind of sad, but happy, all at the same time.
I'm not growling at others as I'm awakening, its my journey. No one else has to change.
But that statement of "You deserve more.." Nahhhhhhhhhhh
I get what I get and I don't throw a fit....
If I want to change something about myself, sure.
But don't tell me what I deserve. Or
don't.
See it for what it is...a cop out.......an insecurity within yourself, thinking you have to provide some certain experiences to be part of my life, or anyone else's life.......Let that Go. And just be in people's lives without the heavy weight of expectations...
We deserve nothing and everything...
All at the same time.....
I love you.
Love, Jules


No comments:
Post a Comment