"Prone to Wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love, Here's my heart O take and Seal it.."Fernando Ortega Come thou font of Every Blessing".
We sang this in church this morning. Take a listen to Fernando's rendition of it on UTube. Love.
I love to wander.
I have this desire to go. To leave. To travel and to try new things. To meet new people. To find something more interesting, newer, different. And, there is nothing wrong with that.
But, I am prone to neglect the things I love, along with neglecting myself.
Not on purpose, per say. Very unintentionally, really. But in my effort or desire to think I need something more... something new...something more interesting...I begin to search for "that" instead of recognizing what I already have.
And then I get this text from my husband, while he's serving at church, and I have already gone and come home.
"Thinking of you as I take communion. You are intertwined in my concept of Jesus and every communion I dwell on you as my love as I also listen and think on the elements of communion. I love you dear."
My response? "God has blessed me with you. You are my Jesus in flesh every day."
Lord, help my wander lust. Help me when I feel bored with this life. Let me know, I don't need more people, places, or things. You have already given me all I need. My purpose is clearly before me.
I am grateful today for my one hour a week at church.
To some, that does not sound like much. It sounds like you are barely trying. Sitting in a chair for 1 hour a week. That's not much of a sacrifice of time and how can one possibly get anything important for life in only one hour?
My One Hour reminded me today of my humanness.
of what is most important.
of whom I love.
of my wander lust.
of my prone nature to do things that may not be beneficial to those I love the most.
of my need to refocus.
of the wonderful opportunity I have to sit DOWN for one hour next to people I love, and listen to my pastor's heart, and his dreams for his flock.
One Hour can make a difference.
"Little is much, when God is in it.... labor not for wealth or fame...." a little hymn from childhood, in a church, I spent many One Hours in.
I love my One Hour on Sundays. I miss my One Hour when I am away. Thank you to all that make these One Hours happen. You are making a difference in my life.
Sincerely,
from the Nest,
Julie (who loves her 1 hour.)

No comments:
Post a Comment