Sunday, December 24, 2017

#24...Today Went Well...

Today is Christmas Eve. It falls on a Sunday this year. I got a call last night from Ray, my step father, making the simple request that we be at church by 9:15 a.m. for the 9:30 a.m. service so my Mom wouldn't get stressed and wonder if we were going to show up. Okay, Ray, we will do our best. I hung up the phone and thought, when do we get anywhere early ever??? I did remind him there were 4 other people coming with me.....

I got up this morning...

We made it to church by 9:15 a.m..... ALL OF US.....An actual Christmas Miracle!!!

It was a great service. As I sat next to my Mom I thought, this IS where I want to be, right now. I want to remember this moment. She loves the church she is attending. She says it is the best day of her week. I was so glad I got to share it with her.

I planned a brunch at my home to follow. I took some nice pictures that I will share. I planned ahead, had the food ready, and everything went quite smoothly. It was lovely, the seven of us. Just a relaxing day filled with good food and family.

I had a thought this morning....

What if our special task in this life was to create good memories for others to partake in?
What if, when people think of my home, good thoughts and feelings come to their mind?
What if they remember the food, the parties, the presents, the welcome, the time spent together, and they think good thoughts?

If that happens, my life has been a success.

It IS about the people for me. It IS about the time invested. It IS about loving others who show up, sometimes expected, sometimes not. It IS about the thought filled moments that I spend thinking about what someone might like to eat, or how to make someone feel special or loved. That IS what life is about for me.

And guess what? Not everyone is like that. Not everyone values people or time or special moments like I do. And guess what else? I have to accept that. I don't have to like it, or agree with it, or decide to invest more then a moment or two of upset over it.

I am me. I have been created in a way that is unique to me.

And you know what else is simply lovely?

I have sweet dear humans in my life who value the time, the moments, the gifts, and cherish and love me for simply being me. My week was full of lunches each day with sweet, dear ones. My week was full of conversations, messages, and texts full of encouragement and love and kind thoughts.

My life is so full of good people that tonight I am so very thankful.

But, what goes around does come around.

So, on this Christmas Eve 2017, Life is full.

I bother because I care, or why bother at all?

I love you. I care about you. I will be thoughtful of you. I will spend time thinking of you, and loving you and the memories you have created in my life and I will smile. I will smile because I have been well loved by so many of you. Thank you.

For those who are around, and for those who aren't, I love you.
Merry Christmas Eve.
There are so many of you that make me smile.

Much Happiness to You.

Jewels.

No comments: