Let me start off by saying this Christmas was one of the nicest in recent memory. It had nice people, good food, little to no stress, everyone was happy AT THE SAME TIME, and relationships grew. How can that happen when you are involving at least 15 to 20 people? I have no idea accept maybe we all needed to taste a little goodness this season, and we did.
Christmas Eve morning started off with all 5 of us getting out of the house by 9a.m. to make it to church with Mom. I know I posted about that earlier being a Christmas Miracle, but it really was. And we all looked pretty, so BONUS.
Mom humored me with this one, saying, Okay, dear, I'll hold up this bow tie, but no beard...LOL
And more humor? Her grand daughter did the same thing...LOL.
We had a 10 p.m. arrival on Christmas Eve, as my other daughter and family did not want to miss out being with us on Christmas, and there was an impeding storm that dumped 14 inches, but they came early, I was in bed, but everyone figured out where to sleep without any help from me...WOOT.
Christmas morning came. My house was full of all these lovely people, opening gifts together. I sat back and drank it all in. Do you ever just have a moment where you are thinking...Wow, this has been all worth it? Worth the tears, worth the sleepless nights, worth the heartbreak and heart ache, because these moments are just on the other side of all that trial, and I made it, and its good. Well, that's what Christmas morning was like.
These are the jewels. These are the moments you drink in. These are people you love. All the time. Recently a friend said to me..."Julie, you amaze me. The way you just love and accept and welcome people into your life, and how you still love people. I watch you and think...WOW, just WOW. I don't do that, but you seem to do it so easily with no concern of getting hurt, or regrets, or anything..."
What if we lived in 2018 in such a way we were more concerned about accepting and loving than getting hurt or being right?
I said to my friend, Well, it does hurt, terribly, at times. Painfully, brokenly, terribly. But the alternative of not? What would I miss out on if I didn't? The thought of THAT is worse than any tear I've shed.
Hugs galore, lots of love shared, legos built, Mad Libs filled in, games played, late nights with family as the sleepovers continued due to the storm. A good way to close out 2017.
I have thought about what my friend said to me. About Loving People Easily.
We've all missed out on something. That's life 101.
I've just decided to miss out on as little as possible, even if I have to shed a tear or two.
All Worth It.
I love you.
And you are ALL WORTH IT.
Love Big in 2018, and do not be afraid.
I Love You.
You know who You Are...
Cheers to 2018!
Julie

















No comments:
Post a Comment