January 1, 2018
I woke up and read this:
And I realized, I've yet to be truly peaceful. I get snippets of peace. I go to places that I find peace. I have people in my life I can talk to and share with and when I'm done, I feel happy, elated, energized.
But this peace thing. And my neediness? Can co-habitat?
So I decided to journey to one of my places. Alone. To think.
I was greeted with this as my first view. The air was crisp, a mere -6. I had on my gear and didn't notice the cold.
I began walking. Up and down the beach. Not a soul around, initially. I first found this:
And it was that little beckoning from the Universe, God, the stillness, the waves that saw me.....right where I was, pondering, thinking, wondering how I could have Peace. Trust Me......detach from all those thoughts and worries and...Trust Me.
That speck is a man. He came later to the beach to go swimming. I sat and watched him, amazed and in awe of that cleansing. He swam. I just sat and watched and thought...To be that free, to just be, in the ocean. A woman came up to me and said.."Are you with him?" I said "No, I'm just here watching, in awe. I feel like I'm part of something spiritual right now..."...she agreed, she felt it too....
I felt wonderful. I finished off my day at a Thia restaurant I went to this summer with my parents-in-laws. I think of them every time I eat there, and this was my fortune....
I took that to mean to "Be delicious in 2018"....LOL....that's the next blog post! Seriously, though.
I try not to be a fatalist, because that is just boring and negative, but almost as soon as I got home I was hit with a bat of reality that knocked me off my mountain peak of happy. Why am I surprised? I shouldn't be, honestly.
But then I got back in my head to this peace thing at about 4 a.m....I had the worst night of sleep ever. Couldn't fall asleep, didn't stay asleep, been up since 2 a.m....
This peace thing though....
I've decided to investigate this. I've talked about it, thought I had it, believed in so many things for so long that I simply thought would bring me to it, and yet....its out of my reach. I know the miracles of life, I love deeply, I go to my places, I pray, etc, etc, etc,......
So, 2018 and the next phase of my life, will be discovering peace.
I'll keep you posted....and as always..
I love You.
Welcome to 2018.
Love,
Julie








No comments:
Post a Comment