Sunday, January 7, 2018

#27...Delicious...

I love the English language. It may not be a pretty as French sounds, or as exciting as Spanish falls from the lips of those that speak it fluently, but there are just some English words that enrich the imagination. I was once asked.."What is your favorite word?" and I responded.."Love"...to which they responded, oh, I was thinking of "Curmudgeon" because of the sound and meaning...

On the first day of 2018 I went to the ocean. Afterwards I went to a wonderful restaurant called
"Shinbashi". An excellent Asian restaurant in Ellsworth, Maine, and I had one of their Bento box lunches. I got a fortune cookie, and on one side was the word

DELICIOUS....and the suggestion was that I learn this word.
I then decided to look up this word via google because I thought, what if there was more meaning to this than I knew about...

De.li.cious:
adjective
Highly pleasant to the taste. "delicious home-baked brown bread."
synonyms: delectable, mouthwatering, appetizing, tasty, flavorful, toothsome, palatable, succulent, luscious, scrumptious, delish, yummy, finger-licking, nummy, lip-smacking, melt-in-your-mouth,-licious
.delightful
"a delicious irony"
synonyms: delightful, exquisite, lovely, pleasurable, pleasant, heavenly, divine..
"a delicious languor stole over her..."

WOW!

My next thought was...


I am ready for the delicious-ness of 2018 to descend...

I want that "delicious languor" to envelop me...

I am going to pick "delicious" things, people, places, and experiences for 2018.

I do not want more stuff, I want more delicious experiences.

I began 2018 with an exquisite view that seemed almost heavenly as I descended these steps onto a most beautiful view of the ocean and clean air to breathe in.

I thought I would share some of my favorites that encourage the "Delicious" in my life....


Hiking on a snowy path yet traveled offered me an experience I had never had. I forged a path...all by myself. It was hard, exhausting at times, took my breath away, and yes, quite heavenly as I listened to the silence of the forest.


I have recently discovered this Cream Oil by Dove...and the dry powder Dove spray...the smell, the feel, the treat that I give myself every day...Delicious. I got the body powder by Estee Lauder in Beautiful...ahhhh....this is such a wave of exquisite, this fragrance...and finally, my go to delish...Ellen Tracy.
My bed. Its soooo soft. The sheets, the plush blankets.... I simply never want to leave, and cannot wait to climb in...its the beginning of my Delicious 2018....
I found a new photo company through google that makes up a soft covered book of photos from your phone. This one very nicely captured some of my delicious moments at the end of 2017..
"Best of 2017"....but I am guessing there will be so many more moments in 2018 that will be recorded.  I'm counting on it...

And finally, what I ALWAYS think about when someone says the word "delicious" .......

FOOD!

My very first bread pudding. Carl said it was one of the best things he has ever tasted...it was perfect.
 No Bakes for my big and little kids......
 Swedish meatballs, rice, meatloaf, lots of salad, rolls, applesause.
 A vegan meal, but liked by me as well. Sweet potato and squash soup.
 Pumpkins muffins and Christmas Eve day brunch...
Just some shots of our food over the past couple of weeks of celebrating......

I hope 2018 is:
pleasurable, divine,  mouth watering, pleasant and lovely.
It will be...
If that's your focus...

I love You.
Be Lovely and Delicious.

Jewels...






No comments: