Sunday, April 15, 2018

50 Tomorrow....49FOREVER....I might know a little #shitbit

I'm grateful for my deep friends. One of the deepest is my sister. She has known me for 47 years. No one can beat that knowing. Oh what a treat I have been. (LOL) She brought these sweets to me as I napped Friday afternoon. I've been fighting a horrid cold for 2 weeks. Working, napping, blowing, coughing. But, I have this amazing nasally sounding Demi Moore voice going on...so...kinda sexy I'm told...
(See what's sexy when you're 50?? 20 somethings beware!!)


I went to one of my favorite spots to write and be yesterday....

Saturday April 14, 2018

I know and believe less and less.

I think there's a realm where we transcend to that makes us realize this as we age....at least that's where I've gone...

My thoughts are liberal, conservative, and everything in between. I've done my best to protect, but then gave up trying to protect and now trust that the Journey is your own, my own.
 I've been well,
 very well.
And sick,
 very sick
In heart, physical body, mind, and the spirit.

And, through this journey over the past years, I've come to a couple of conclusions. Some profound, some very simple. Its where I've wandered....

1.  Love with all heart,
 soul, body, and mind.
Even when it hurts, even when it would seem a bit unorthodox, even when it is a challenge.  The ecstasy of Loving Well and long and majestically far out weights any fear you might have about it.

2. Find places that bring your soul rest.
 Go there regularly. Do it for YOU. Never mind the weather, just Do It.








3. Be with people that are easy.
 Easy as Sunday Morning...easy as listening to rain while sitting quietly on a porch..Easy as a sunrise....EASY.  You only need one. But it must be easy, raw, genuine, broken, open, honest, easy... being those things may not BE easy, but when you're with that Easy Person its never difficult.
 Your soul and peace depend on it.

4. If you DON'T WANT to do something--DON'T DO IT.
If you WANT to do something--DO IT.
If it's fun and it makes you happy?? Bonus. DO IT A LOT THEN!!
But, live in the Want To more than the Obligated To....see how your life improves....

5. Faith is a funny thing.
As I have evolved in my faith, I believe it to be more simple than I've made it, and more complex and I don't need to figure it out. It is. I'm accepted by God. I'm loved. The rest is a mystery and I think....
I THINK...its meant to be that way.

50 years old on April 16, 2018!!!

So hard to believe, so young to still believe!!!

I love you my darling lovers.

Jewels

Still shining, still hoping, still loving.  ILY.
With all my beautiful messes included. 





No comments: