I've had a busy week. I did not go to my work place but I did plenty at home.
My daughter came home from college Tuesday night. I always like to make things look special for her in her room. I think it makes home even more comforting. She had a friend with her, which is always nice. I like to make favorites for people. I want you to have your favorite munchies, breakfast options, and treats so one will feel comfortable and planned for.
Thursday was a whirlwind of activity due to a house full of loved ones. The planning and executing of any dinner takes timing, thinking, buying, making, cleaning, decorating, and on top of Thanksgiving, my daughter turned 20 and my first grand child turned 2! I began my Christmas shopping on Friday! I love planning and thinking about what each person might like.
Monday came and I was exhausted. I went to work. Had a decent day. I came home and did this:
I began decorating. I was feeling that "Meh" feeling and decided to do something productive. Do you ever just have a sad feeling and you don't know exactly why? I decided instead of feeling sad I would do this also:
I made a nice turkey soup with any left over turkey, along with warming up left over beans and rolls. We had a nice dinner together. Drank some organic sparkling apple juice. (I loved it, the boys, not so much....Carl thinks its because it says "organic" in it...LOL)
I proceeded to clean up from dinner and decided to make kiss cookies. This just screams happy to me. I mean, come on....KISS COOKIES PEOPLE!!!....a little bit of heaven on earth.....
I will round my night out with this
Hoping for a good nights sleep after a lavendar and epsom salt soak in a hot tub.
I know what to do to get the blahs to go away. I know what to do when I feel utterly exhausted. I know what to do when I start to feel down or lonely or sad. I do these things even if I am tired, or overwhelmed. Its when I stop doing the things I know I should that all seems lost.
All is NEVER LOST. Ever.
So, after my busy week in which I did not get to write, I am writing today. Because I know its one of the things that brings me joy. I need to do those things which bring me joy. Those activities, or people, or thoughts, or foods that move me in the direction of joy are what I need to do.
So I did those things today.
Thanks for reading. Thanks for sharing this journey with me. Thank you for bringing me joy!
I love you.
Love, Jules.








No comments:
Post a Comment