Tuesday, November 21, 2017

#14...Coming Home.

Coming Home.

What do you do when you know people are coming home? Holiday season is upon us. We have Thanksgiving and a double birthday. Elizabeth and Rachel were born on the same day, 18 years apart. I think about homecomings. I shared a picture with my daughter of how I organized her room just a little bit.
She loved it. I also have some dark chocolate in a dish with a little box for her to open upon her arrival.
I have asked what the favorite pies are of those attending Thanksgiving.


Banana cream, apple, and pumpkin chiffon, of which 3 will be made because that last pie is the fan (Carl, Daniel, and Kristen) favorite of Thanksgiving. My favorite is pecan, which I will be getting tomorrow at Sam's Club.

How do you make a home coming special? Some people feel like home to me. A hug feels like home to me. A chair, a room, a smell, remind me of home. I gave one of my daughters some hand cream. It was a fragrance I used to wear all the time when they were little. She rubbed it between her hands and breathed in deep and said...
"Oh, MOM! This is you, this smell....."

My desire has always been to create a home that welcomes all. ALL. All The Time. I love to have people in my home, make them feel accepted, well loved, comfortable, part of the Nest. I want to feel that when I am with people whom I love deeply. I carry your love, hugs, talks, texts, prayers, coffee conversations, and cherish the memories. I am always happy to make new ones, more memories, and it would seem as if I am given the opportunity to love and welcome all the time.

Welcome Home to the Nest.

I love you. Always.
Thank you for reading.
Its a beautiful opportunity to Love and Be Loved this Holiday Season.

As Always, Julie


No comments: