I was recently saying to a dear friend
"I wish I knew then what I know now.....it could have changed everything."
There is not one person in the history of humanity who has not felt that way. If you haven't, well, I would question if you have a heart at all.
I'll admit it. I wish I had a crystal ball. There are things I just want to know. I want to know if I was wrong. I want to know why something happened. I want to push rewind. I think this stems from regrets. Yup. I have regrets. I try my best to be happy, and for the most part, I am. I have exited a very dark season of my life. However, I still wish for different things. I don't want any more "life lessons". I've learned enough.
Labels.
#wasteoftime
#uninformed
#regrettable
#danger
#proceedwithcaution
#hotmess
But, just maybe, there's a better way to look at these "warning labels"...
#beautifultrainwreck
#lovelypredicament
#excitingmess
#myindulgence
#notamomentofregret
#myjourney
If I'd had a crystal ball are there good things I could have missed out on? Even in the middle of my #hotmesses? Have I grown as a result of my "#uninformedchoices? I would have to say a resounding YES. Would I repeat many of my decisions that have caused my "growth"? Yes and No. I'm teetering on the fence of wishing for no pain and wanting the excitement only. Is that even possible? Probably not.
What would be a warning label I would put on myself?
She trusts endlessly, please don't take advantage of her.
Her love never ends, please don't use her.
She wants the best for her children, be nice to them.
She is changing, love her anyways.
I am still me, just a little different.
Those are long labels. More deep than a couple of hashtags.
I think we are all a lot more than a hashtag. But I am guessing we all want similar things.
To Be Loved.
To Love.
To make a difference.
To be forgiven.
To have the strength to forgive.
To Be Accepted.
So, maybe instead of being warned about each other, maybe if we greeted each other with a hug, a kind word, and good thoughts, the world might just be a better place?
Just a couple thoughts on this lovely November Day.
I love you.
From Julie K.
Happy Happy Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment