I actually wrote this post in my mind yesterday. Funny thing about Sundays and church. The day and the place gets me thinking about God. Not a stretch. I went to Journey church in Hampden yesterday. {Although this statement has absolutely nothing to do with Jim's teaching.}
I was thinking about beginnings.
I got thinking about a very first beginning we are taught about in Genesis. Some take it literally, some take it as a lesson, some don't believe it at all. You do get to pick. That's the beauty of God. But, fyi, you are already loved and chosen.
In the story of Adam and Eve a choice was made. To eat the apple. Eve went first, then Adam. Then there was some finger pointing, some hiding, some avoiding....all the making of a movie or sitcom. And then along comes God and the question is asked
"Who told you you were naked?"
Well, we didn't feel chilly until we ate that apple and alllllll......
"Who told you you were naked?" It's like God saying....You didn't hear that from me. I told you you were awesome, beautiful, made in my image, glorious perfection, such perfection in temperature no clothes were needed (apparently), well loved, I told you I LOVE YOU. I am not part of your feeling "naked" or ashamed. I had nothing to do with that. At ALL.
Who do we listen to?
Who told you you weren't good enough? Pretty enough? Smart enough?
Who told you you weren't valuable? Who told you you were crazy? Who said your worth had to do with your performance? Who said you need to be rich to be worthy? Who said your value hinged on status?
Who told you you were naked?
Not God. Ever.
My favorite section of scripture is Psalm 139. I printed off those verses and they have been hanging on my bulletin board in my kitchen for years. It says...
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
You do not surprise God, and you are loved...ALL THE TIME.
Whatever you say or do, is already known, and you are loved....Every Single Day.
You are protected, and even when bad things happen,....the peace will come.
You have a purpose for your life.
Don't let your perceived nakedness separate you from a God who doesn't see you that way. Something or someone or some situation told you you were "Naked". Don't believe it.
Your worth has already been determined. Your destiny has a glorious location. You will run and not grow weary. Your beauty is in the eyes of your creator and its all good. Beyond Good.
Someone needs to believe this.
I know I have needed to believe this. I do need to believe this.
Dream. Live. Love. Be You.
You are fully clothed in Love.
Believe THAT.
I love you
Thanks for reading.
Julie.
No comments:
Post a Comment