I liked this song. And then all these reviews about how this Nickleback group is hated and I'm like what? Why. Made no sense to me. I thought the message was good.
And then this came up. YES I KNOW ITS FROM ECLIPSE...ohmyg. But would you entertain the words for just a tiny little second. Is there anything you would wait 1000 years for? I mean, that IS dedication. LOL.
I remember waiting to decide a whole year as to what I wanted to go to college for.
I waited to have children, and then it took almost 2 years. Plus the 7 on top of the time I had already spent with Carl.
I've waited at games, races, concerts, recitals. I've waited for people to show up, come out, be present. I've waited for word, for mail, for texts, for messages.
I am honestly tired of waiting for shit. I'm tired of waiting for people. I'm tired of waiting to loose weight. Yes, I ate two cookies today, a couple of muffins this weekend, and those freaking brownies were the best I ever made and I ate two of those. I guess I can wait a very long time on the skinny thing. I'm done waiting for apologies, people to do the right things, or for people to wake up and pay attention to what is in front of them.
It feels like 1000 years........
I've told you what I've been waiting for or had to wait for. Now I'm going to tell you what, at age 49, I'm not waiting for ANY MORE.
people to call
respond to texts
respond in general
to be nice
to give back
to pay attention.
I am going to move forward. I am going to enjoy what is. I am going to love the moments, the seconds, the days that present the opportunities for joy. I will cry with tears of happiness and sadness. I will be honest. I will celebrate the little opportunities. I am not hinging my life on unanswered prayers with hopes of change. I am living in the now.
And I think I shall enjoy a lovely magarita on the beach while I do just this......
No more waiting for the good. The good is here right now, waiting to be acknowledged.
I love you.
No More Waiting.
Jules.


No comments:
Post a Comment