I just said to Carl, what can I write about??? He ignores my questions and starts telling me about an outrageous thing that happened at Bangor High School today. Of which I cannot tell you because it is attorney/client privilege. I know so much crazy stuff about that place its not even funny.
I went to Cub Scouts tonight with my son Daniel. He has cub scouts every Wednesday night from 6 to 7 p.m. Parents stay the whole hour at this point because of his age. I sit and talk to anyone who is near me. I had a nice father sit next to me. He was telling me about his high cholesterol. The Mom on the other side of me was telling me about her being Portegese, and her son being MicMac. I told her my son in law was a Penobscot Native. She also showed me pics of all her beautiful children.
I watched as the boys all had balloon races and got their badges. The younger boys would do the count down, and then the balloons would be let go and they would all cheer. I said to the Dad,
"These are the easiest years you will ever be in...when watching a balloon race is what makes them happy....pure easy right now." I could tell he loved his son very much. His son would come to him and hug his Daddy. There is nothing like watching parents with children. I watch the interactions very closely. I watched the happiness of all these boys. I watched my son as he cheered and participated in the count down. I watched him as he told everyone about his loose tooth that was about to fall out. His Cub Scout leader told him he would probably swallow that tooth in his sleep. Daniel laughed. I watched Daniel be all proud when he was able to put on a gently used cub scout shirt and hat. We only need to get the tiger scarf and belt now. Such a big smile on my boy's face. So proud.
He said to me one day..."Mom, I always wanted to have a brother, but, I now have over a million because I'm a Cub Scout. I have a brother where ever I go." I remember having tears in my eyes when I heard the leader say this..."You always have a brother in Cub Scouts."
I don't always want to sit for an hour with other parents while Daniel attends Cub Scouts. I am usually tired by this time of night. I want to be in my pajamas, but tonight made me realize there are so many things we do as parents for the good of our children, not because we want to. This is just one little thing in the long list of things I've done for my kids because I love them and wanted them to have happy experiences.
Parenting is the hardest thing I've ever done. Cheesy sounding, but its true. But, sitting for an hour at a Cub Scouts meeting??? That's about as easy as it gets....I'll be wishing for his 6 year old Cub Scouts meeting right about the time he drives away in a car to pick up his girl friend, whom I will pray all the live long day won't break his precious, kind, loving heart.... Oh Yes, this Mamma already knows about these things. Why do you think I get up at 2 a.m. and pray? Been there, done that, doing it....!
And now, officially at almost 9 p.m....I'm tired. My day began around 4:30 a.m. or earlier, as I awoke to pray for whomever was brought to my mind, many of you, actually. So, yeah. Ready for Bed.
Carl wants me to go down stairs and see him for a bit before I retire for the night. I might hear another story or two about the crazy times at Bangor High...LOL.
Blessed in the Nest..Always.
I love you.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment