My husband, my son, and myself were all in pajamas and bathrobes at 6:46 p.m.
That Never Happens.
Our usual Thursday night behavior consists of Carl tutoring until 8 p.m. and Daniel and I going to Governor's Restaurant for "Kids Eat for .99 cents" night and enjoying whatever themed night they have going on. Last week's theme was Harry Potter.
Not tonight.
We ate chicken fingers bought from the local Hannaford's, along with a pre-packaged snack of carrot sticks and ranch dip. I brought Daniel upstairs, read him to sleep, then joined Carl downstairs to watch Big Bang. I told him, my stomach has been bothering me for about a month. I fell a month ago, and my knee still hurts when I kneel, but I have learned to re-position myself when kneeling to avoid the painful spot. So, I am honestly not sure what came first, the stomach or the knee. LOL.....
He said, Well, you don't sleep well either, so, you are probably just fatigued. Its all just coming down on you at once. I came upstairs to write and I simply felt like crying. I have no idea why I would want to sit and just cry because....
I'm loosing it folks...you heard it first.
Maybe y'all could say a prayer for me tonight.
I have been praying for so many of you all the time. I guess its okay for me to say,
"Hey, I'm in need of a little prayer."
I think I will leave it at that.
Thanking you ahead of time for I do know you will pray.
Thankful I have a hubby who was home tonight.
Thankful I have a son that says to me.."Mom, I just know when you need a hug." as he snuggles into me while I read him to sleep.
Thankful that all these maladies will pass.
Thankful I got to pray unexpectedly for an hour with my friend Heather.
Resting, Loving, Seeing the Good even when physically I feel horrid.
I love you.
Always.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment