Tomorrow is that Lovely Holiday that is Lovely if you have someone to Be with...otherwise it evokes this crazy notion that its just a horrid day. I say every day can be a Love Day...especially when you Love Yourself.
I say this not to evoke more arrogance or prideful lust of oneself, we certainly don't need more of that Crazy.
When I truly Love Myself I can love others well.
What do I love about myself?
I am loving. I give love easily without expecting a whole lot in return.
I am accepting. I welcome people into my life easily.
I see the positive in others. I do not look for the negatives.
I look for the good. I listen for the good. I seek the good. I find the good in people. Every Day.
I want to be happy.
I praise easily.
I look for encouraging things to listen to.
I love a good sermon or teaching. I think it benefits me every time I let a little bit more of God be part of my day.
I believe in miracles.
I pray every single day.
I am grateful for what I have.
I absolutely am in heaven when I hear my children laugh, or see their smile, or those dimples, or that Twinkle in the eyes when life is simply good.
I look for the Twinkle in everyone. I see the Twinkle in everyone. I want to bring about that Twinkle in everyone be it through their favorite meal, or favorite coffee, or favorite party, or cake, or what ever makes you feel special or good or happy....I want to do THAT for YOU.
I am merciful.
I forgive easily. You may not think you deserve it, but you do. You may not ask, but honestly, I have probably already forgiven you.
I offer grace.
I have hope.
I believe when we seek the good, the good will find us, even in the darkest places. We will see the good in people if we look for it. We melt the hardness in others with our warmth. We melt our own hardness when we replace it with kindness. When we love ourselves, give ourselves mercy for the mistakes, grace for the day, letting go of the need for "perfect", we can extend that to others. And we feel better.
I am a work in progress, as we all are. I am glad the God I know knows that.
Blessed today.
Love Yourself Day.
I love you,
And there is NOTHING you can do to change that...EVER.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment