Tuesday, January 17, 2017

What I Love....day 48 of 100

I love so many things, people, places, memories. I thought for those of you who may not have even met me yet, or you've known me because you worked with me, or went to church with me, or were in a Moms group with me, you may know some things about me. But I thought over the next few days I would talk about me. I'll try to stick to just me, too. Let's see how that goes....

I love to read. I wish I did more than I do. I have always LOVED it. Reading was my escape from reality. There were many things about my reality growing up that I did not like, and plenty I did, but reading let me go to places I was not able to go. I went through this phase where I gave up t.v. all together and began reading all the classics. I had read a book called "The Well Trained Mind" and it talked about teaching your children the classics, etc, and when I looked at the list of classical literature I began reading my way through the list. My all time favorite classic is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

I love listening to violin instrumentals...my favorite being anything and all Bach. My daughter Kristen played the violin for years.... I LOVED going to concerts and hearing all the different pieces. I find violin and piano instrumentals completely soothing. My daughter Elizabeth also took music lessons for years on the piano. She was also a beautiful pianist. Those many years of recitals will go down as some of my favorite musical experiences.

I love to spend money. I love to get a good deal. I never pay full price for anything, ever. Life of a teacher. I have "nice" things, but not at nice prices. I am so beyond psyched I just got a pair of new boots for $12 bucks from T.J. Maxx. They are absolutely cool. I've gotten into boots this year. As a result of loosing some weight I now have no problem wearing those calf high boots. I LOVE BOOTS>>>>>> LOVE THEM. I like buying things for my home. I love a good table cloth and pretty napkins. Those two things turn peanut butter and jelly into a "meal". Add some cute dishes, and walah, you can make anything special.

I love sparkling cider. In pretty glasses. I bought a slew of pretty glasses for a birthday party to serve the sparkling cider in, and we continue to make life special with sparkling cider. Everyone can drink it, even Daniel will ask for it now, LIKE where's the sparkling cider, I feel like this is something special, let's have sparkling cider. He also likes to drink out of the fancy glasses. I guess we are raising a gentleman over here...

I love jewelry. I buy jewelry in most major places I go to visit. I will say...oh those are my Williamsburg VA earrings, or, those are my Popham Beach earrings, or those are my first time camping on the way home in Ellsworth ring...yes, I have one of those, its a mother of pearl ring with some matching earrings. I like to memorialize places with these special pieces. I had gotten some absolutely gorgeous earrings in June, along with a matching bracelet. I could not find the earrings. I thought they had been stolen...LOL...that's my answer for everything...ask my kids, I always think someone has stolen from me...but walah, they appeared on Sunday in a drawer I had looked 100 times...I said, thank you god for my earrings not being stolen...big smiley face....hehehe

I love the ocean. Its my place of peace. I was able to collect sand dollars this whole summer long every time I went to the ocean. Sand dollars are a sign of peace, which I learned later. I even love the ocean in the winter time. Daniel and I used to go and hike around at some of the state parks in the winter time along the coast. There's nothing like a good ocean breeze and soft sand to chase your cares away.

My all time favorite show in the whole world is Seinfeld. We religiously watched Seinfeld every single Thursday night for probably 8 years, or however long it was on.... Not that there's anything wrong with that...Yada Yada Yada...and all that stuff. I can watch the same shows over and over and over....Kramer, George, Elaine, Jerry, Newman, ohmyg. The interactions of these people. George's mother and father, Jerry's Mom and Dad....loved loved loved.....Serenity NOW....Serenity Now....I think the only show I've watched since that I love almost as much is the Big Bang Theory...that would be a close second. I'm not really a t.v watcher, but these two shows??? the best.

My favorite movies...1. When Harry Met Sally....best movie ever  2. Ella Enchanted...oh my goodness...
3. Plains Trains and Automobiles. 4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. 5. Ground Hog Day  6. Brave
7. Forrest Gump

My favorite book in the Bible is John. I believe its in chapter 3 when God starts talking about the fact that we were already thought about and prayed for before we even came to be. I remember the first time I read through that whole book, and then read that, I wept. And remember thinking, why do worry? Its all covered. God is already working on my behalf. I just need to trust...Such comfort from that book. If you read nothing else, read the book of John.

Thanks for reading about my favorites, I'd love to hear about yours.
Blessed in the Nest
Musings of a Gal who loves a LOT.

I love YOU,

Julie Erb Robbins

No comments: