Monday, February 27, 2017

Day 89...Things I will Never Regret, nor will you.

Life is full of opportunity for regret. The reason we regret things is mostly because we wish we had said, done, behaved in a different fashion that was more honoring and loving. If we choose to live life sold out to loving others, I would conjecture we would have little to no regrets. The good news is, we do not need to live regretful. 99% of what you are regretting is probably solvable. If your regret has to do with a behavior, it could be as simple as a phone call to apologize, a text of remorse, or a heart felt message or letter. Life can be complicated, but mostly because we make it complicated when it does not have to be. Follow your heart, do the right thing, love without conditions, and you will live with little to no regrets.

This post is about things I will never regret. NEVER. I am almost 49. WOW. I remember when I was 18 and I thought 30 was ancient. 49 is practically 50! Shesh. HOW??? I still have a lot of living to to, and I still have mucho to learn, but so far, this is what I can tell you....



1. I will never regret time spent with my children. I saw a picture today of me holding Kristen, barely 2 years old, and Elizabeth, brand spanking new, and I thought, I would go back to that moment in a heart beat, but I have no regrets about all the sacrifices and time I spent with those girls. Good vibes right there!

2. I will never regret what we have freely given to all who have been part of the Nest. I love kids. I love people. Every single person who has come into this home I have loved. I have benefited from knowing you. Your smile, your laugh, your intensity, your passion. What you contribute to the home. All of it. I love blessing others. I love feeding the soul, heart, and stomach.

3. I will never regret having hope and belief in the good of all people.

4. I will never regret supporting my children and loving them all the time. I am a sounding board. I am here to listen, and, only if they ask, give them a wee bit of wisdom.

5. I will never regret all the prayers and tears I have shed.

6. I will never regret the hard times Carl and I have been through...it was all for the good of our maturing, humbling, creating a compassion and understanding I would have never had, and a deep knowing that I share with no on else.

7.  I will never regret saying I'm sorry and admitting when I've been wrong.

8. I will never regret the sleepless nights, even when they were a result of worry, because God meets me even when I'm worried and draws me closer.

9. I will never regret the costs that came with childhood. The music lessons, the horseback riding lessons, the love of American Girl Dolls, the Webkinz, the Disney movies, the camping trips, the trips to NYC, Williamsburg, Disney World, parties upon parties upon parties, food, food, and more food....All worth the time, effort, and expense.

10. I will never regret Loving People. Not a single one. All people are All worth it. Worth the mess, worth the time, worth the energy, worth the hurt, worth the traveling, worth the expense, emotional & physical, worth the smiles, worth the traditions. You are Worth it in my Book.

Regrets do crop up in life and they give us a chance to rethink, reflect, re-do, or repent, but deciding what you will NEVER regret, well, that should be the focus, and when we live out of that, regrets and regretful behaviors will diminish.

I love you,

Julie Erb Robbins

No comments: