I listened to a teaching recently that talked about listening to that still small voice. At times, it makes no sense to other people because in the natural, we are pretty inhumane people at times, so even to pray for or love someone everyone thinks is a lost cause, can seem baffling. We are quick to write people off. We are quick to judge. We say things like..."Well, if they had only done (you fill in the blank) then (fill in the blank) would not have happened." I get scared for people who talk like that...you just earned yourself a day of humbling and reckoning...I know...been there, judged that, got pie all over my face and became super humbled when it showed up on my doorstep and I had to deal...oh it happens, and its such a good lesson.
These two cousins are miracles...Daniel and Kalie....both unexpected...and Wow...have they wowed us.
Why do I even pray and ask God for a miracle? There are some days I have honestly no idea. When I wake up in the night, I go downstairs, get on my knees, and I pray. I began getting on my knees to pray on December 30, 2016 because God asked me to. I know, it sounds weird. I get how weird it sounds to some,but for me, Its an obedience thing. Have you ever been asked to do something you thought was odd, but you did it anyway? Or in your spirit you knew you were suppose to say something, or do something? Its like that. Its humbling. Its not easy either since I fell twice in one day a little over a month ago and my knee is still healing...but, its my "sacrifice of praise". I pray for whomever is brought to my mind. I've even said to God, WHAT, I can't stand that person right now..if a bus ran them over I would actually throw a secret party. God's like, JULIE KRISTEN ROBBINS>>>>I raised you better than that....now PRAY. I put you in people's lives because I knew you would pray and not give up when everyone else would...you don't give up. You actually believe I can work a miracle here...Okay, God, I will forgo the bus idea in honor of honoring You, and these people that I actually really do want to love.
We had a miracle happen here about 2 weeks ago. Its something I had been praying about for 30 years. It has nothing to do with me, I just felt called to pray for this from time to time. I knew in my spirit this happening was suppose to happen. I could feel it happening at times. I sensed the desire for it to happen. I never gave up. I even said to my husband when we talk about it..."You see, I told you. I've been telling you. Don't ever doubt my intuition. Proof right here, buddy...." Its not my story to tell, so I am leaving out any details, but suffice to say, I've prayed.
I asked God for my children. I think they are very miraculous. When Carl and I got ready to have children I simply assumed it would happen right away. Every one has that one friend that will say to you..."WELLLLLLL< all we had to do it look at each other and I was pregnant.." Oh my. Really? How lucky. That was not us. And I am THE most impatient person. I want what I want when I want it. Waiting to get pregnant, waiting to have the baby, waiting through the labor...TORTURE...I HATE WAITING.
My miracles were worth the wait, I can say now, but don't think it didn't almost do me in for the waiting!
My marriage is miraculous. When you see Carl and I today we do not even resemble the kids we were. Our relationship is miraculous. We were sooooo stubborn. Carl was kind of mean and critical. He LOVED to argue...LOVED IT>>>> I was too busy thinking he was so beautiful. I was kind of a bitch. But he was too busy thinking I was so beautiful. Carl said the F Bomb all the time when we first met each other. If I told you about our early years you would be like...ummmm RED FLAGS LADY>>> I didn't care. I loved him. I had people warn me about him. I looked at these people like...WHATEVER>>> He loved me. We were dysfunctional, but we grew out of it because most people are idiots and behave poorly when alcohol is involved and when they are of the ages of 18-22. And I prayed for him, and I believed in a miracle for us. I am so glad there was no social media back then. I just would have dreams when he was up to no good and I would say to him..."You know, what were you doing last night... I dreamed this..." He told me later, uh that was the freakiest thing about you...You always knew stuff, like, God was telling on me or something...HAHA Carl Robbins. God wanted good stuff for you. And you got it, and honestly, so did I. I married someone who has been humbled, so that he can accept me as I am. Was not always that way....but I always believed in miracles. I prayed for miracles, and I got them. I am grateful for the miracle of this man. Very grateful.
My job is miraculous. I get to watch minds work every single day. You simply cannot tell me the human mind is not miraculous. How is it I can show a 5 year old a symbol, add 26 symbols, put these symbols together to form something called "words" and this transpires into something called "reading". This Is Miraculous. I ask God to help me teach these little ones and care for them. Its a honor to teach. Watching them understand a concept, when all connectors are firing, and they can tell you...FINALLY...what the letter "Bb" sounds like? Miraculous how the mind works.
I will continue to ask God for miracles. Life would be far too boring without them...And I will be ready to sing the truth of what is happening and give praise where praise is due. Maybe there is something you need to trust to God to work out into something far more beautiful that you can make in your own strength. Go for it. Ask. I do, every single day.
I love you.
You are miraculous.
Let that in.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment