I watched this movie last night with my sister in law, Jenny. Have you ever taken a leap of faith? Have you ever put it all on the line? Have you ever done something that required all of your bravery? Have you ever followed your heart and did not care what others thought? Have you ever believed in anything that seemed absolutely impossible?
Faith. It takes believing in the YET unseen. It means not listening to the negative words of others. Oh, you hear their words, but you don't allow yourself to let them take root, grow, or bloom. You shrug off the negative words.
Perseverance. Running a race to completion. Never quitting, even when it gets difficult. This kid had every reason to quit, and every reason to keep going. He was teased. He faced daily difficulties. The one person who loved him the most, who was his reason for seeking this miracle, could not support him through out his 180+ days of training. He ran this marathon with perseverance.
What I witnessed in this young man? He hoped for a miracle, tried his best to get one for his Mom, and it appeared that it was not going to happen. He was discouraged...by people in authority over him, people he looked up to, people who seemingly had his best interest at heart...but....
Ralph wanted a miracle, and he would not be distracted by the negativity, even by his BEST FRIEND, at one point told him he was crazy but who later apologized for what he said and chose to support him....and "put it all out there" for his best friend Ralph. Ralph continued to believe, he prepared, he followed his heart, he did not listen to those who did not agree with him, which, by the way, at one point was everyone.
He had faith in the unseen. He jumped. He put it all on the line. He believed. And, in the end, had more than his heart could desire, even though for a brief period life looked pretty bleak and he wasn't even sure if all his efforts were worth it....but....they were, and even more so than he could dream...
I am running a race. I'm training for a marathon, not a 5K. I'm believing for the unseen. I have seen a great potential, now I'm believing for a great destiny. I will make it to the finish line, when and where and how, still remains to be seen, but it will happen. And what flows out of preperation period, this learning period, this trial and error period of life? I simply know it will be more than I can even imagine.
My heart has been prompted. I'm closing my eyes and jumping.....
This movie has so many life lessons...ahhhhh...soooo good.
I love you,
Day 28 of 100 of my writing experiment.
Thank you for reading.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment