What does the word Faithful mean? I love looking up meanings to words. There's a very popular song by Journey called "Faithfully". In the song the classic line that is repeated over and over is...
"I'm forever YOURS...Faithfully...." Its a heart rendering song. It talks about being in a relationship and remaining true to that person, no matter what separates us, not time, or space, or open roads, or anything.
The words surrounding faithful are these: according to Websters dictionary are as follows:
faithful, loyal, staunch, resolute; means firm in adherence to whatever one owes allegiance. Faithful implies unswerving adherence to a person, or thing, or to the oath or promise. Loyal implies a firm resistance to any temptation to desert or betray. Constant: stresses continuing firmness of emotional attachment. Staunch suggests fortitude and resolution in adherence and imperviousness to influence that would weaken it. Steadfast implies a steady and unwavering course in love, allegiance, or conviction. Resolute implies firm determination to adhere to a cause or purpose.
Woah.
What a word.
Its one of my words for the year of 2017 and it has to do with how I will treat myself.
How is one faithful to ones self? How will I be loyal, staunch, resolute, constant, and steadfast, to my SELF?
I think the beginning of being faithful to mySELF would be to ask "What did I water Today?"
What Did I Water Today? What did I feed today? What did I feed ON today? What did I do today? What did I believe about myself today? What did I listen to today that showed I valued mySELF? What did I sow into my life today?
What might I look like if I became 100% faithful to ME?
I would not believe lies told to me about how I should be.
I would not listen to negativity from others who are critical of my life.
I would take time to replenish my soul each day, whether that be through reading, writing, praying, being still. I would treat myself as completely valuable by doing things that make me happy.
I would keep my promises to show up, love completely, be there, and be consistent in my day.
I would not entertain the unwellness of others; whether it showed up in my life through comments that were cruel, unkind, derogatory, or judgemental. Limit my contact with others who may try to contact me through texts, messenger, facebook with gossip that is not faithful to myself or my relationships.
I would call bullshit, bullshit. Realizing its not my bullshit, its their bullshit, and I do not have to believe or accept anyone's bullshit as my truth, EVER. Its your circus full of bullshit and monkeys, not mine, ever.
I will not take on others choices, they are not mine to own or carry.
I wake up every single day ready to love others and be kind to others.
I am not responsible for how others behave, EVER. I've done my absolute best. They must and will deal with their own choices and I will not take the blame.
Be faithful to my choices, which include loving at all times, forgiving at all times, being available with my love, at all times. Even if I'm pissed, totally irrelevant, I will still be here, I made a vow.
Keeping vows are my way of being faithful to me.
Realizing some days are "WOW days, some days are "VOW days". (thank you Jim Funari!)
When I am faithful to others, I am being faithful to me.
I will faithfully do the things that take care of me, Every Single Day.
When I initially thought of this word as a word to guide my year I thought it had to do with relationships, like that song by Journey I mentioned in the beginning of this post. And it can. However, if one is being faithful to ones SELF, there is no need to worry about someone being faithful in a relationship. The faithfulness to another human being will be an outgrowth of one being faithful to one's SELF first. When I am faithful to ME, when I tell myself the truth first, being faithful to OTHERS is easy. I don't try to cross any lines, or see how close I skim the edge of unfaithful behaviors when I am faithful to myself first. When I take care of the beliefs I hold about myself, I never have to worry about my commitments. If I engage in unfaithful behaviors, or when I have, its been because I have believed the lies. The lies that say...you can't do it. You are not worth the effort. You are not worthy of love. You are not worthy of that person. Those are all lies. Every single person is worthy of good love. I am more than worthy. When I believe I am worthy, I am faithful to the truth about me, I take care of SELF and then I have an over flow of faithful for others.
Loving Me means loving others is easy.
Being Faithful to me makes being faithful to others easy.
It starts with Me First.
How do I see myself?
What do I need to get to this place of faithfulness?
I am starting now.
It feels very good. My heart is smiling at this very moment because my head is getting what my heart has known all along...
I AM WORTH IT....
Much love to ALL of you.
You Are Worth It.
Now start acting like it, and the belief will follow.
As I am talking to myself...
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment