Today was a full day. I saw my Mom. She picked me up, we went shopping to Burlington Coat Factory. I actually love that store. Its been a new discovery in the past year or so. They have a cool men's section, great coats, and today I got a couple of sweater dresses that are very cozy for work. Mom and I then went to Longhorn Steakhouse for lunch. On to Christmas Tree Shop, then followed by McDonalds for coffee before she brought me home. I got to have a very nice conversation with my mentor and dear friend Bill Cumming, and he is fully expecting my book to come out in the next year as a result of this incredible blog...his words...as he responds to every single one of my posts with an encouraging email. I then went on to talking to my Dad in Pennsylvania. He had suffered from a severe flu, almost fell on the ice, but is doing well, par usual Dad, he is a born and raised Mainer, after all.
All of those moments of today were simply wonderful. I was able to be and speak with some of the most important people in my life, and they showed they cared about me by simply being who they are, loving me, and encouraging me in my life with their wisdom and grace. My Mom even called me later to tell me she really expects me to take better care of me in the New Year because she thinks I am getting run down and tired. Make time for you, each day, dear. I will be checking on you to make sure you are doing this!!!
The last phone call of the night came from someone who is very close to my daughter, and someone who I have respected from afar. Always thought she was a lovely woman, kind in spirit, very warm. She is like another Mom to my daughter, but I have never gotten to hang out with her much. Its more been a relationship between this Mom and my daughter. Tonight we got to chat. I simply called to tell her how much I appreciate her, that she is such an encouraging person and I simply wanted to thank her.
One thing led to another and she simply asked me..."Julie, can I pray with you? Right now, on the phone. I have not done this before, but I really feel led to pray with you, and for you, and for your family."
So she did.
I won't go into all the details of the prayer, but then she asked me, "Would you like to pray or add anything?" I said, sure. and I did. I got off the phone, and said to Carl, "There have been a few times like that on the phone, but they usually happened with my mother. WOW. I can't believe that. She prayed for US!!! Can you believe that????"
And seriously, she actually mentioned a date to me that she came up with while on the phone, that we could pray for each OTHER until, and I had actually thought about the very same date, and asking God, while walking around Christmas tree shop, if maybe something could happen around this date...I am not joking. I know...so weird. So odd. Like too coincidental... like, could that actual be a God thing? I have no idea. BUT I am going to believe something good is going to come of the fact that this lovely woman so totally cared to the point she took a risk.
She asked if she could pray for me.
I will never refuse a prayer, or prayers.
If you feel led to pray.
Do It.
It may feel really strange at first. Like talking to thin air. Or even wondering if its true.
I believe its true.
Tonight. On Saturday, January 14, 2017 was another moment of my faith being built up.
thank you God for Heather Brown.
thank you God for Diane Spaulding.
thank you God for Bill Cumming.
thank you God for Rodney Erb.
thank you for all the prayers that have been prayed that I know nothing about. thank you God for listening to my prayers at 2 a.m. thank you for seeing me kneeling and believing for good. Thank you for hearing. Thank you for loving me in a way that means something to me and sending me Somebodys that Cared. TODAY.
Much love from our Nest to Yours
where ever your nest is.
I love you.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment