We are all looking for Love. Some in the right place. Some might say in the wrong places. Some of us have found it. Some of us are waiting for it to return. Some of us look over at our person every day and think...
"How did I get so lucky? I honestly have no idea."
"How does he put up with me?"
"How have I been so forgiven, for so much?"
"How does she do it? We are like Penny and Leonard."
"I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers!"
"I wuv ooo!"
"Thank you for bringing me coffee in bed..."
Here's some ideas that came to me about the Love of a Father who says...
If you've been abandoned...."I will never leave you or forsake you."
If you've been taken advantage of..."I have a beautiful future ahead of you, already planned!"
If you've been harmed..."I will vindicate you!"
If you've been used..."I will redeem every single moment, I will turn your ashes into full on beauty!"
That's what God promises us, every single second, of every single hour, of every single day.
For Our Whole Entire Life On Earth. Those good thoughts and truths are being spoken over us and believed for us...Daily.
We are loved by someone without condition.
As human beings we don't always do a very good job at this loving thing. We Don't.
Read any facebook post and see how people respond if you don't agree with them...oh my.
Mess up, say something I don't like, go somewhere I don't like, have a past I don't like....DONE.
That's not God.
At All.
I used to be one of those "Conditional Lovers".
I had my stances, my beliefs, my expectations, my views. Do it my way or the highway. Believe it my way or you will go to hell. Behave well to me and I will love you. Say what I want to hear, treat me with the utmost respect, honor me and you shall receive my "Conditional Love". I was an Excellent Conditional Lover. Beyond Excellent.
But, then this little thing called Life began to Humble Me. Life sent me people who were not like me, did not talk like me, weren't raised like me, weren't fully legalized like me....and I married the best equalizer to my self righteous nature. And the humbling began.
After almost 49 years of humbling, I think I've become "Gumby", as my husband refers to me.
Bendable, Flexible, Changeable, Accepting, Loving...with out Conditions.
No More Conditional Loving.
And what I am realizing, a whole boat load of people have a very hard time with that. They don't understand it. That's okay. I'm good with it. But I will be the first person anyone comes to talk to because they know they get a listening ear, a tender heart, and a love that WILL NEVER QUIT.
You cannot do, say, be, anything, anytime, anywhere, and get my love to stop.
My Love For You Will Never Stop....that's God. And that's me.
That's Loving without Condition.
I love you. 4 Ever.
And so does God. Who made you, who made the Universe (whether through the big bang theory, evolution, or 2 single cells...) and God thinks you're awesome. There is a plan for your life. You are loved beyond anything I could every dream up.
Breathe Easy Tonight.
You Are Loved.
By Me.
By the creator.
Unconditionally.
Psalm 139.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment