What do you do with a day off? I have my ideas of what the perfect Day Off looks like. It includes sunshine, 85 degrees, laying beside the ocean, relaxing. Today did have sunshine, and maybe a little relaxing, but, brrrrrrrrrr.....winter has hit. We missed fall completely in Maine! Its hard to believe 2 or 3 Fridays ago my sister and I were walking barefoot along the ocean searching for sand dollars and sea shells.
Today was a day off for us three. We decided to have an easy morning that included coffee in bed, talking, relaxing. I was still in bed at 8 a.m.!!!! Almost a Christmas miracle!! I am usually up around 5 to 5:30 a.m., making coffee, reading, saying a prayer or two or 100. But today I rested. It was awesome!
We went to Sam's club. I usually do the grocery shopping alone. Carl and I have never been one of those couples who get food together in a store. I actually admire people who do that, but that is not us. But today we did. We got these random things that would indicate we went into Sam's club with no plan whatsoever except to spend money. We tried out this very awesome trail mix stuff. We got a set of pens for $15 for Daniel. I still have no idea why. Carl even said to him.."Daniel, you don't even draw! Why do you want those pens??" In the cart they went, down the conveyor belt, purchased, opened at home, only to realize he had not paper HE could find....oh my. I did find a most awesome pea coat by London Fog. I have been wanting one for years, so I bought it. Looks pretty fab. Goes with my theme of "The Year of Cute."
We ordered this family pizza meal there. Way too much food. The dog with probably get half of it. But it was so good to sit there and eat a piece of pizza and drink zero calorie vitamin water and eat a cookie. Daniel thought it was great.
We came home. I am still working on our bedroom. Its going to look so welcoming and cozy when its all done.
Carl had a meeting at the school. He left around 2 ish and just barely got back now.
Do you ever just feel blah?
I felt blah. I was missing people today. Its just been a weird kind of day. Do you ever have days like that? You are looking for the "WOW" in the day and you just kind of feel...."Meh".
That's when I decided to sit back and write about my every day "WOWs".
1.I have money to buy a pea coat that is super cute.
2. I could order oil today.
3. I have friends I can talk to.
4. My husband and son think I'm funny. For whatever reason they were laughing because of me today.
5. I ate my favorite cheese bread sticks.
6. I have love in my life.
7. My Friday Rose came, delivered by the hilarious Steve Robbins who makes me smile every single time with his antics.
8. Daniel asked me to hold him on the couch until he fell asleep. (of course I did!)
9. I live in America.
10. I live in an awesome neighborhood that my son can roam about in and play for hours with all sorts of other boys and I never worry about him.
As I recounted some of these "Wows" I am reminded that I have so much. Don't give into that momentary "Blah" feeling, focus on your every day "Wows" Julie!....and guess what?
The "Blahs" dissolved quite rapidly.
I love you.
Thank you for reading.
I love your comments, texts, and messages. The encouragement is wonderful.
Love, from Jules. aka: Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment