Tuesday, November 7, 2017

New Favorites.......Day 3


Not every day of reading will be some life lessons taught to me by life.  (Winkie face insert...)

I have recently found some favorite persons, places, songs, things.

My newest favorite place is Journey Church in Hampden, Maine. Jim Funari and his wife Tanya are two of my newest favorite people. I knew them barely in passing when I attended the Rock Church in Bangor, Maine when Jim was a pastor on staff there. I always loved his teaching. There was something about Jim in his delivery of a message that was down to earth. I always felt as if he lived in a reality that I could relate to. I decided a year or so ago in my wandering to return to church to try Journey Church. What actually drew me to the church was their daughter Bella, who I had in my kindergarten literacy group at Fruit Street School. Bella always gave me these big hugs every day and the first time I came to Journey Church I got a "Bella Hug" and I continue to get one every Sunday I can attend Journey Church. Another cool thing is Journey Church is held in my old high school, Hampden Academy. Tanya and I always seem to have much to talk about and I can swear around her, so bonus, and she doesn't blink an eye, although she did tell me one Sunday, yeah, I kinda had to give that up when the kids started repeating me. LOL. I said, Well, Daniel had given me "code words" to use if I feel the urge to swear....(see what I mean about "down to earth"..?)

My newest favorite group is Plain White Ts....LOVE LOVE LOVE their music. I heard "Hey There Delilah" while I was shopping in Christmas Tree Shop this summer and I was SOLD!!!



Rhythm of Love....I just love this music. Its kinda folk-sy, catchy, happy. I'm all about being happy.

My newest place to eat, hang out, have a good time...is Geddy's in Bar Harbor. I have never been a "hang out in Bar Harbor" type of person, but I just love this place. My sister and I have made it a  Friday night destination to have a little fun, and well, kick back and  relax, where no one knows your name....Which is a good thing when your laugh is as big as mine.

Newest thing? Sweater dresses. Yup. The cutest new return to my closet. I was tots into sweater dresses and skirts in the 80's and there has been a classy, classic return. Sweater dress, accent scarf, tights, and boots...ahhhhh....the boot purchases. Like Aleyne said
 "The Year of Cute...The Year of Julie...." 

Just a little insight into Julie.

I love you.
Thanks for reading.
Day 3 was pretty easy.




No comments: