Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A couple of My Favorite Songs....Day 55.....

If you are getting this as an email, sometimes the videos will not show up. If you would like to listen to the music, you will need to view this from facebook, or go directly to my blog spot
Blessed in the Nest...julieblogspot.com

Maroon 5 came out with this amazing song I simply loved.  And come on people, if Adam Levine cannot put a smile on your face on a rainy cold night in Maine, I simply cannot help you....Sugar. Makes me think of chocolate cake. The homemade kind that my Mom would make with that fluffy frosting that's like marshmellows... That cake, and this song? Enjoy.

Everyone's sweetheart, Justin Timberlake.... He's always been such a happy sort of guy. He makes me smile, and I absolutely love the concept of "Sunshine in my Pocket"...like, I can simply pull this kind of happy up any time I want to...and LOOK, its right in MY POCKET....along with Justin? Now that would be pure sunshine...

As I get older, I appreciate even more the artists of my day....John Cougar Mellancamp....A little ditty 'bout
Jack and Diane...two American kids doin' the best that they can....

and confession time....

I always wanted to be one of those "Addicted to Love" girls and dance for Robert Palmer...My senior year was quite the year for music....

I've probably taken up enough of your time...however...Peter Gabriel was an artist that always seemed to be playing at Delta U at the frat house that Carl lived at....or maybe in his room only?  "In Your Eyes..."
Carl has always loved my eyes. Peter G became known my senior year also, 1985-86. I cannot tell you how long ago that feels, but I remember.

I hope you will enjoy some of my favorites. I have loads more, but I figured 5 was enough. I've always loved romantic and happy music. I would not call myself one who enjoys listening to music, but when  a song reminds of something good, or it brings up a happy emotion, or a sweet moment... I like to think on those things. I also enjoy instrumentals. I find fm 90.9...MPR soothing to listen to. I'm all about being soothed, happy, and romantic. Not a bad trio, really.

Enjoy this easy, happy, fun listening tonight...

Blessed in the Nest.
Love you all.

Julie Erb Robbins




No comments: