I had my first real night of sleep last night. I slept from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.....no interruptions. I woke up at
4 a.m., sandwiched between my two guys, got up, went down stairs, prayed, and went back to bed, and FELL ASLEEP> until 8 a.m.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a pure miracle. I cannot tell you when that has happened. I have no memory at this time of me sleeping like! I actually woke up rested!
And so it begins.
I had a very peaceful time during my Adoration Prayer time yesterday. I felt calm. I came home. Got a simple dinner for Daniel and I. Spent time with Carl after he arrived home. Lovely night of sleep when we retired.
And then a couple of things were brought to my attention this morning. My daughter is sick at school, and I can't do anything about it. UPS is suppose to be bringing her computer to the school, but they need her to sign. Just to name a few little things, there's always more, but, hehe, I'm not posting about it...IMAGINE THAT??LOL.
And I could feel myself internally unraveling.
I did some unnecessary research about things I don't need to be worrying about. I am learning, your body does take care of itself. People take care of themselves. Some people have to learn things the hard way. Life is not fair. Money does not grow on trees. Cars break down. I would give out the advice, don't go on the computer if you are worried about something....only makes it worse.....and you create problems in your mind that don't need to exist.....
I talked to my SIL Jenny. She listened to my unraveling. Until I said, you know, why? Why am I doing this? I've lost my focus. I've just allowed myself to be distracted. Its not necessary for me to be distracted. Life always has a way of working out, I'm living proof of that. There is always enough money, time, people, love, help, prayers. And there is an ABUNDANCE of people doing stupid stuff. Stop being distracted. Focus on what God has already asked me to do...which is.....
PRAY.
TRUST.
Be peaceful in silence.
Focus on the Good.
I am working.
STOP WORRYING.
You cannot add a day to your life building crazy thoughts in your mind.
I've got this.
These are MY KIDS, YOU are my GIRL.... All the time. Every Single One of Them is Learning a Lesson, and so are you, so good for you!!!
Lessons ARE Blessings. All of them. For your good, for their good.
Jenny and I talked a little longer. I need a little Joel Olsteen in my life apparently. She sent me a link. My phone has died, but I can't wait to watch him. J.O. is who she's into. She's like, its amazing when you start listening to positive people like Joel who breaks life down into the simplest form of true joy that we complicate by the stupid distractions.
Pray, and put up the boundaries to protect your Joy.
Love, and realize you can love to the best of your ability, and people have to let it in.
Peace can come at any moment that I realize I'm simply being distracted. I don't need to call anyone out, or sent a text, or respond to a message or letter. I don't have to!!!!! THAT'S THE BEAUTY of deciding...
I was distracted, it hurt a little, but, hey, I'm back to what I have been promised...
Blessings from the Nest,
I am choosing to focus on the Good.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment