Sunday, January 22, 2017

Let it BEEEEEEEEEE........day 53 of 100

I posted this morning on facebook that I simply wondered basically
"Who died and left you judge?"  but in a nicer way that if you really want to read my post you can check out my wall. Some of my posts are private, some are public, enjoy....

I have to seriously laugh out loud because I was officially called a liberal democrat tonight on facebook. I know, who'd a thunk it? I don't take one ounce of offense against that, either. It just kind of makes me laugh. Like, really? At this point I seriously don't want to be associated with either party. I don't like how Bernie was clearly undermined by his party..fact...and well, said reigning present president doesn't strike my fancy either. But hey, to each his own.

My point in the "Let It BE" song sung wonderfully by Paul McCartney?

Because I think we could all use a little yoga, deep breathing, maybe a glass of wine?

All Of Us.

Because what we are missing here is that no one is completely right, and no one is completely wrong. But, if we don't learn how to communicate in a way that honors others, all the time, we become what we are fighting against. If you call me a name, and I call you the same name back...I am you, I am the problem. I am not helping to create wellness in our culture, not  one little bit. If you label me, and I label you back, I become you. I am not helping create a better, more supportive, more loving environment to which others can become whole, at peace, and well. If I use my power and privilege to hurl the same hate that has been hurled at me I become that hate as well and I am no better. I am not helping. I am hurting, but with a different microphone, but same words.

So, instead of building more walls, lets Let Each Other Be...for a moment. And listen with an open mind. Don't be scared. You will not have to change your mind by listening to mine, or any one else's words. Don't be dismayed. Don't turn away. Simply listen. Turn the judge-o-meter off. Unplug it. Disengage...as Toy Story puts it when the toys are about to be attacked....DISENGAGE.... We aren't all going to think, live, talk, be, alike. No one is better than anyone else. I have preferences. I have beliefs. I live out of those beliefs and preferences. And some have changed, some I will take to the grave. But I'm still Julie. I love to talk. I love to drink coffee. I love to shop. I love to read. I am a Mom who has 4 awesome kids and an awesome grand baby. I love my husband. He's the original liberal in this house, gone a bit more conservative...LOL...who'd a thunk it???? I still love God. I pray every single days for loads of people I love. I get brokenhearted over the same stuff you do. I love children. I love to eat, and cook, and have people over.  I believe in the greater good. My love doesn't shut off like a light switch. I'm me. And you are YOU.

Breathe.

There are things in all of us that have been ignited. I was looking up current stats in the United States about all sorts of social issues. We have currently the lowest abortion rate in the history of Row v Wade passing. LOWEST... 1 in 5 college women will be assaulted. 1 in 16 college men. 1 in 4 women will be victims of severe violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime. 1 in 7 men. A woman is beaten every 9 seconds in the United States. 90% of sexual assault on college campuses go unreported. 3 woman are murdered every single day in the United States by their current or former partner. Women's earnings in protection services, sales, and legal occupations are 70% or less than men's earnings in 2014.

There is plenty for us to be upset about. And yet, I'm saying let it be?

What I am saying let it be about is the HOW we are dealing with each other. If we harm to get our point across, we create more statistics of harm. If we destroy, we become part of these statistics of destruction. Think about it. When is the last time you were loving towards someone you TOTALLY disagreed with. You will become part of the solution against these harms when we start today, with ourselves, and how we treat ourselves, will reflect in how we treat others.

Begin with yourself today.
Your love of others will be an outflow of your love for yourself.
WE are a passionate bunch, us Americans. I love passionate people. Passion is what keeps you going when all else fails. Passionate love for my babies kept me feeding them in the middle of the night. Passion kept me telling my husband I adored him, even when I felt like we were not going to make it. Passion keeps me believing the good I know will happen when we simply persevere. I am passionate to ignore the negative and see the positive...always a silver lining, my husband taught me that.

Blessed in the nest.
Believing for the Good.
Praying for the Good.
Loving you all, knowing how much potential for Good we all truly have.

Julie Erb Robbins


No comments: