However, in my angsty (I made up that word..lol) sort of week I was honored to spend time with these three very high quality women of great depth.
Do you ever simply sit down with someone and feel at ease? Its like THAT with these three women.
I was able to schedule a coffee date with my friend Beth. I met Beth when I first moved to Little City in Bangor. We have daughters who graduated together. I was looking forward to talking to her, asking about her new job as a minister at a church in Brownville, and simply enjoying her company. Carl has tutored her boys, and she claims whatever Carl does, is simply miraculous. Her sons have loved Carl.
I sat with Beth, drank cinnamon tea, ate snickerdoodles, and talked about life. Beth is a kind woman. I have always admired her. I find her views on life refreshing, and we relate well to each other. I always come away feeling refreshed. Beth was the beginning of my week to create a space for me to feel free.
My week progressed. My next special time involved my friend Helen. I met Helen at a small group about 6 years ago when her son Reid was a baby, and so was Daniel. I immediately liked Helen. She was a thinker who listens a long time before speaking. She is a very insightful person. I can call Helen to say...I know I can tell you this Helen, and you WILL NOT question my faith...hahahaha....oh JULIE>>>> I can hear her saying this. We had a moment together where she got up and just took my hand. She is a person whose spirit offers soothing. Helen was part of my space for soothing.
Today was the day I returned to St. Mary's on Ohio Street to go to Adoration to the Prayer Room. My newest and so dear to me already friend Heather met me there. A week ago Heather invited me to this Prayer Room with her and the experience was like none other. I thought about going again all week and was able to join her again today. I noticed while kneeling at the front of the room the statue of Mary. Before we entered to pray we talked for a bit. Heather said to me.."You know, Julie. Mary suffered much for her son. Can you imagine all the grief she got? All the people who did not believe her? Who attacked her son? Her family? and yet, she continued in love. Love for her family. Love for her son, love for others." I thought, that's what we do. That's what I do. And here I am again. With this lovely woman, who wants to spend this time in prayer together, praying for each other. In peace, quiet, silence, stillness. She reached out and grabbed my hand at one point. So beautiful. She invited me to my space of peace.
I have been blessed this week by these three beautiful souls.
Beth, Helen, and Heather.
Freedom, Soothing, Peace.
These women.
I am grateful for these deep, heartfelt, giving, inviting, women.
They are part of my Journey.
What a journey it is.
Much Love to Beth, Helen, and Heather.
And to all of you who are reading.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment