Wednesday, February 8, 2017

70 Freaking Days... It was a FREAK OUT good day.


In 70 days of writing I have had 70 different things to talk about..in a row...in a blog. Its been very good therapy. You all have been my reading therapists. I have had some responses...I've been blocked, unfriended, messaged (mostly good..and kind), I've received mail...in my  mail box. I get a daily email from my mentor, Bill Cumming, whose kindness and words of encouragement have meant so much to me. I love you Bill!!! My friend Sue has an app on her phone that goes DIRECTLY to my blog, she reads daily with her morning cup of java.   My husband will say, hey, you, I read your blog...THANKS BABE...but the one a couple days back that he read while in bed with me by his side and he was laughing periodically throughout the whole post? Bingo...If Carl Robbins laughs?

 ITS  FREAK OUT GOOD.

Today was a good day. I was able to meet some new people this afternoon that I felt honored to be in their presence. I was invited in. I was unsure of the need for me to stay and meet these new lovely people, but, I stayed, ate, talked, listened, and loved.

Have you ever walked away from an entire group in awe of who they are deciding to be?
I did...today.
I relived the conversations.
I thought about the fish tacos that were lovingly prepared.
I watched a dear sister share her heart, and I so loved THAT.

When you really listen to people share, your hear with all your senses. I'm so honored when people share their raw with me. That they trust me with their truth. When I hear a story that has required true grit, is requiring true grit, I'm always honored to be included in the telling of the story.

Today, with new friends, eating fish tacos, I was honored to be in the presence of these lovely humans. I thanked them as I left for allowing me to stay and join them. They told me..I hope you have another snow day next week so you can come back. I will come back, if only for an hour, if you want me to.

And...I made them all a promise to make them chocolate cake with peanutbutter frosting.

I am changed, yet again, because of what I have allowed into my life.
And, its a good thing...

Blessed to overflowing tonight.

Julie Erb Robbins

No comments: