We are not born mean. Cruelty is a learned behavior. We are not born racist. We are not born calling people names. We are not born from the womb wanting to harm others. We are not born forming groups against one another. We were not created to be cruel. When sperm and egg combined and divided and created bone, heart, tissue, limbs, sinew...cruelty and meanness were not part of our DNA.
I am weeping tonight for people who seem to only know how to lash out, be unkind, say mean words, form brutality in their thoughts. Killing each one of us slowly, agonizingly, with gossip, backlash, pure unkindness.
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP>>>>>>
PLEASE.
Some ONE must say STOP IT.
Stop joining in.
Stop gossiping.
Stop being cruel.
What the hell does it accomplish?? What???
Just STOP.
We are all human beings with feelings that run so deep. I wish people would know when to say "TRUCE". Why is that so hard?? Because of cruelty. Because of the need to be right. Because being unkind feels so good? Really? all that shitty behavior feels good????? Are you kidding me????
Pride, Arrogance, Insecurity, Sadness, Loneliness, Secrets, Lies....oh yeah,
ALL OF THAT FEELS SO GOOD.
I can't help you if you believe that is what feels good. I can't. There is nothing I can do, or say, or be that will convince anyone that being at peace and being kind matters if the above matters more.
What if we spent 5 minutes loving people? Is is too painful? I would challenge you that living the above is far more painful. I can see your pain when you lack love.
I hate the computer sometimes. I hate how its used to hide yourself. I hate how our communications are so limited. We were created to look into each others eyes, be held, be touched, be loved, hear someone's voice. We are not better people for the way we communicate now. We hide, we snap, we insta, we finsta, we text, we message, and we gossip incessantly through these mediums. We create cruel chat rooms that only a few are allowed in so we can spew forth more venom and make ourselves more right than someone else. What if you had to sit in a room and say all that you spew forth, with everyone watching and listening, how brave would you be then? If you saw yourself, heard your voice, spewing, how would that immediately change you? We are in a verbal "Fight Club" that creates deep emotional wounds.
Someone MUST SAY STOP>>>>>Stop The Verbal Fight Clubs....
We cannot point to politicians being in the wrong with their racism, unfairness, ill repute when we are doing the same thing, only not in front of a t.v. screen for all to see and listen to. We are secretly being inappropriate. Before you point the spec out in your brother or sisters eyes, take the plank out of your own. Hold yourself accountable today.
But guess what. There is One Who Sees. The creator sees all this hatred and sadness. There is One who weeps for us, and will say...ENOUGH. You will not lead a blessed life full of hatred. Your insides will be destroyed. Your heart will be destroyed. Your goodness will be destroyed if you fill yourself with hatred and unkindness. It makes me cry. I cry for all of us, because we are all affected, bystanders and participants. Because as the creator watches, Tears are wept because life can be beautiful. Life is meant to be beautiful, full of kindness, and love. We were created to love and be loved.
The world provides things, people, opportunities for goodness each and every day. Try participating in that. Because it can quiet the mean. Love can squelch the harm that mean tries to accomplish. Mean will never win. It may wear the appearance of success, but the heart knows at 2 a.m. what it really needs. The body and soul that longs for that loved one. That's truth, mean is not truth, ever. Mean will never have peace. Insecurity met with healing can come to Love but Mean will never heal. Never be whole.
I pray for healing for this world tonight. I simply can't stop the mean, I'm only one person. But I can control myself. I can control what I say, do, think, what I feed my soul with. What can I do? I stop and I pray. I try to see people with God's eyes, who sees into their homes, their upbringings, their sadness, because we are NOT born mean. We are not born cruel. We are not born abused. We are born to receive love and give love and somewhere along the way that message has been made less important than all the other messages.
LOVE is the most important message you can live.
LOVE is the most important message you can say.
LOVE is the most important lesson you can do.
Julie Erb Robbins
No comments:
Post a Comment