Saturday, February 11, 2017

I'm a Dedicated Parent...day 73

The reason for the origination of this blog was to simply record my life as Mom. I gave birth for the final time to my son, Daniel.  I decided to write about the changes that took place in me, and in the rest of my family, all brought about by this dear boy.

A lot has happened in The Nest in the past 6 years. A LOT.  The blog has evolved from the changes in Carl and I as a result of Daniel, to include relationships among my daughters and friends, significant others, trips, food, a wedding, graduations, college, things I've been proud of, things I haven't been proud of, my marriage, our heartbreaks, our future dreams for our Jewels, what makes the Nest tick, and what we believe in. I've been as honest as I can be.

I was praying in the shower the other day, and par usual, I shed a few tears for my Loves.

And this came to me...almost like the voice of God. And probably a little Joel Osteen, since I've been listening to him lately...lol....

There are simply things I thought I could avoid because of the choices I made for my family. I made a mental list of everything I thought I had done well and right.
1. I breastfed, for a very long time, Daniel...forever...but, well, that's another post, but not really forever...I was just trying out for the cover of Time Magazine.
2. I was a SAHM while all 3 of the children were unable to attend school.
3. I even homeschooled for 2 years....
4. I put them in private school for about 6 months...
5. All 3 babies were prayed for from the moment I knew I was pregnant.
6. All 3 babies were dedicated to the Lord in a baby dedication ceremony which means you promise to raise them to know the love of God. And we have.
7. The girls were baptized on the same day! ages 14 and 16.
8. Carl and I taught them the two things you need to know?
Love others, and Love God. That's  Life's Journey.
9. We support your dreams..100%, whatever they are, that's up to you.
10. We love who you love, and totally accept that person.
11. We treat all who enter the Nest as family. We adopt people.
12. We treat people with respect. All are welcome.
13. We went camping.
14. We took regular family vacations.
15. We had the best parties...a ton of them, to honor not only our kids, but my other family members, and people who were "family". My Mom always counted on me to have the celebrations! She loves my brunch!
16. We had traditions.
17. I pray every single day for my kids. Every Single Day. Sometimes more than once.
18. I have found scriptures to match the seasons in their lives, put the scriptures on bulletin boards and around the house, believing that God always has a plan for our lives. Always.
19. We love so deeply in this house it hurts.
20. We accept so fully that it hurts.

I could go on and on with my mental list....but at the end of this list I could hear this prompting in my spirit...

"Julie...your kids have the right stuff that has been put in them from the moment you knew of their existence. Rest. Trust. The reason you have such big hopes and dreams and believe in people is because you put in the good, so you see the good. You have not filled your kids with trash, or criticisms, or abuse. You have done your best...so rest. REST IN THAT. Rest. Life will be fine, it is fine."

In the middle of all that trying to plant good seeds, of course things got said and done that weren't always nice. I've raised some pretty strong willed women. Holy Smokes are they Strong Willed! And I am so glad they are! I've raised two extremely loyal, love with your whole heart, don't hold back, don't give a shit what other people think I'm living life on my terms, women. And I could not be prouder. So guess what? Those kind of women aren't going to be "Yes Ma'am" types of gals, but they are lovely, bright, kind, considerate, loyal women who are dedicated. I love my girls. I am so very proud of both girls and am honored to be their Mom. They can take care of themselves, but I'm so glad they can call me or text me when they need anything and they know I will do my best to take care of whatever they need.

My boy is precious. He said to me the other day..."Mom, I would think you were pretty even if you weren't my Mom. Oh, I also like the jewelry you wear to work. You are always sparkly. And I would say that if you weren't my Mom. You are pretty when you go to work."  He also has started doing "work" to earn his $10. He wants to earn money in $10 increments, so he needs to do ten chores in a row. He knows how to vacuum, swiffer, feed the dog, and wants to learn how to do laundry, however, he can start the washer, and knows how to put clothes in the dryer. He asks to do this stuff...unbelievable.

I was in the shower being reminded of all these things.
Rest Mom.
You have dedicated your life to putting good things into these children. And, so has your husband.
Family First has been your motto.
I have not done it perfectly, but I have done it all with 100% of my whole heart, as has Carl.

Whats the payout? I ask as I stood in the shower?
Your kids will be more than Fine, they will be great. There will be bumps in the road, maybe a U Turn or two, a difference of opinions...but Big Deal. They know where to come when they need something. They know that can bring anyone home and they will be accepted and welcomed and fed well. Always accepted. Always loved. Always thought good thoughts about. Always prayed for. Every Single Day.

Doing my Best in the Nest.
Knowing their will be U Turns.
I love you and that will never change, I don't care what you do, say, or be. I love you.

Always and Forever,
Mom, Julie, Mrs.Robbins, Dear. Whatever you call me.

No comments: